|Join our email list:|
General Specifications for Classroom Casework, Institutional Service and Utility Room Cabinetry:
All work to be done in a first-class workmanship manner. All cabinets to be factory pre-finished and shipped fully assembled. Counter-tops for base cabinets are shipped separately for mounting at job-site. Cabinet tops, sides and bottoms to be joined and glued with 8MM hardwood dowels. Countertops to be fastened to cabinets with screws. Exposed edges of cabinets to be self-edged in PVC or high pressure laminate. Door and drawer front edges to be self-edged with 3MM PVC or high pressure laminate. Open cases to be edged in 3MM PVC. Bases for all cabinets to have recessed toe space. All drawer fronts to be attached to drawer body and replaceable without removal or disturbing drawer body.
All units herein specified shall be cabinets as manufactured by Hausmann Industries, Inc. 130 Union Street, Northvale, New Jersey 07647. (201) 767-0255 Fax (201) 767-1369. Manufacturer must be an AWI Premium Certified participant in the Architectural Woodwork Institutes Quality Certification Program.
1. High Pressure Laminate - Exposed exterior surfaces of cabinets, drawer fronts and doors to be laminated with 1/32 vertical surface grade high-pressure laminate meeting NEMA standards. Unexposed exterior surfaces to be faced with backing sheet. Cabinet interiors to be laminated with pressure fused laminate. Inside surface of hinged doors to be laminated with white high-pressure laminate cabinet liner meeting NEMA standards. Interior surfaces of sliding doors to be laminated with backing sheet. Interior of drawer front to be faced with white cabinet liner.
All tops of dressers, desks, bedside cabinets to be laminated with 1/16 horizontal surface grade high-pressure laminate meeting NEMA standards, and to be self-edged. Underside of tops to be laminated with backing sheet.
Cabinet backs and drawer bottoms to be laminated with pressure fused laminate on interior and exterior surfaces.
2. Particleboard Core - All particleboard to be 45 lbs./cu.ft. density. 3/4 thick for sides, tops and bottoms and 1/2 thick for drawer bodies and cabinet backs.
1. Hinges - Heavy gauge steel, chrome plated, butt type, five-knuckle full wrap-around, fixed pin. 3-1/2 x 3. Three hinges per door over 48 high, two per door less than 48 high. Or European style fully concealed, heavy duty, 165-degree swing.
2. Door Catches - Magnetic type - 2 per door over 48 high, one per door less than 48 high.
3. Drawer & Drawer Pulls - Satin chrome plated brass 5/16 diameter, 4 c.c. 13/16 overall.
4. Adjustable Shelf Rests - Dual pin design with integral hold-down feature and provision for locking screw.
5. Drawer Slides - Epoxy coated white color with double stop. Lift-out disconnect, stay-closed design, as well as positive lockout feature. Captive nylon rollers, both front and rear. Minimum 100# dynamic load rating. File drawers to have 100# full extension slides.
6. Lock (optional) - Chrome plated zinc die cast, cylinder type, disc tumbler, keyed alike and master-keyed if specified, with removable core.
7. Levelers (optional) - Four screw type, adjustable from within cabinet.
8. Hanger Rods - 1 diameter, nickel-plated steel tubing and flanges.
9. Sliding Door Track - Single wheel side mount, double extruded aluminum track, nylon roller, nylon floor guide.
1. Bases - Cabinet bases to be 3/4 exterior grade, exposed plywood, 4 high, with recessed toe space. Furniture items that are not built-in will have black laminate finish on bases unless otherwise specified.
2. Cabinet sides, tops, bottoms and backs - Cabinet tops to be 3/4 thick. Exposed top surface up to 84 high to be laminated with backing sheet. Cabinet interiors faced with pressure-fused laminate.
Tops of dressers, desks and bedside cabinets to be 3/4 thick. Exposed top surface up to 84 high to be laminated with 1/32 vertical surface grade high-pressure laminate. Tops of units over 84 high to be laminated with backing sheet. Cabinet interiors faced with pressure-fused laminate.
Bottoms to be 3/4 thick. Exposed exterior surface laminated with 1/32 vertical surface grade high-pressure laminate. Unexposed exterior surfaces laminated with backing sheet.
Sides to be 3/4 thick. Interior surface laminated with 1/32 vertical surface grade high-pressure laminate. Unexposed exterior surfaces laminated with backing sheet.
Backs to be 1/2 thick. Interior surface laminated with pressure-fused laminate. Exterior surface laminated with backing sheet. When finished backs are specified, exterior surface to be 1/32 vertical surface grade high-pressure laminate.
3. Cabinet Edges, Dividers & Shelves - Cabinet edges to be self-edged with high-pressure laminate or PVC. Cabinet dividers and shelves to be 3/4 thick, laminated two sides with pressure fused laminate and self-edged.
4. Cabinet doors - Hinged or sliding doors to be 3/4 thick. Exterior surface of hinged doors to be laminated with 1/32 vertical surface grade high-pressure laminate. Interior surface to be laminated with white high-pressure laminate.
Sliding doors to be laminated with 1/32 vertical surface grade high pressure laminate on exterior surface and with backing sheet on interior surfaces.
Door edges to be edged with 3MM PVC. Doors with tackable surfaces to have the 1/4 tackable surface bonded to the door first and the complete assembly then edge-banded with 3MM PVC.
5. Drawers - Drawer body (sides, fronts, bottoms and backs), to be 1/2 thick particleboard. Interior and sides of drawer body to be laminated with pressure fused laminate. Exposed edges of drawer body to be laminated with white polyester edging. Back and sub-front panels doweled and glued into the sides with 8MM hardwood dowels. Drawer bottom fully enclosed with drawer box and glued on the bottom side to the sub-front, back and sides.
Drawer front to be 3/4 thick and laminated with 1/32 vertical surface grade high pressure laminate on exterior surface and faced with white cabinet liner on interior surface. Drawer front edges to be edged with 3MM PVC.
Drawer front to be replaceable without disturbing or removing drawer body.
6. Counter-tops - All counter-tops to be 1.25 particleboard; top surfaces laminated with 1/16 high-pressure laminate. Backsplash and end splash to be 4 high. Underside of counter-top and unexposed surfaces of backsplash and end splash to be faced with backing sheet. Tops to be self-edged with high pressure laminate. Sink cutouts provided if specified.
All specifications subject to change without notice.